Skate Maintenance Session

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Suicide Booth

Re: Skate Maintenance Session

Post by Suicide Booth » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Hello folks

Will there be any other Skate maintenance session/lesson in the New Year that us newbies can attend? - I fiddled with mine a bit a created a slight disaster which Blaze kindly rectified but it'd be great to get them taken apart and know what the hell I am actually mean to be doing with them. Right now I am terrified of all the bits and bobs and You Tube has only made it worse.

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:59 pm

Ooh it would be great if someone could organise one for you guys. Good for bonding too. I'd be up for helping out, but am the worst person to run one of these sessions! There are many many people better than me at skate maintenance!

xx
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Circuit Breaker

Post by Circuit Breaker » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 am

I'd like to help out, I've become obsessed and permanently pulling out spanners to fiddle with my plates....

god that sounds dirty

Shootin Annie

Post by Shootin Annie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 am

Sunny Sheeba has already approached me to ask for my availability to run a session soon! She will be making an announcement shortly!

x

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 am

Oh good! I will leave it to the experts! buying new bearings instead of cleaning them is the best advice i got!
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Shootin Annie

Post by Shootin Annie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 am

Crazylegs wrote:Oh good! I will leave it to the experts! buying new bearings instead of cleaning them is the best advice i got!
Haha, I actually *like* cleaning my bearings. It's a nice relaxing Sunday morning activity - nothing like the whiff of solvent while sipping my coffee.

LL Cool Gay

Post by LL Cool Gay » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 am

Shootin Annie wrote:
Crazylegs wrote:Oh good! I will leave it to the experts! buying new bearings instead of cleaning them is the best advice i got!
Haha, I actually *like* cleaning my bearings. It's a nice relaxing Sunday morning activity - nothing like the whiff of solvent while sipping my coffee.
I'm sure white spirit is the reason why I have a very very pretty, but stupid, cat.
spokesey of New Skaters Committee

Faerie Nuff

Post by Faerie Nuff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:34 pm

I've NEVER cleaned nor changed my bearings. The most I've done is give them a wipe with a paper towel!

Shootin Annie

Post by Shootin Annie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:54 pm

Faerie Nuff wrote:I've NEVER cleaned nor changed my bearings. The most I've done is give them a wipe with a paper towel!
:gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout: :gmeyesout:

Do you want to come along, Faerie?? I can't wait to see what comes out of them! :wcoh:

Faerie Nuff

Post by Faerie Nuff » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Depending on when it is, yes I'd come.