Skate Maintenance Session

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Sunny Sheeba

Skate Maintenance Session

Post by Sunny Sheeba » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:09 pm

There will be a Skate Maintenance Session for new skaters, kindly to be hosted by KaSlamity Kidd, on Sunday the 26th June between 1.30 and 2.30pm at the Jack Kane Centre. Below is a note from KaSlam:

For those of you coming along, it would be useful if you could bring a few things:

Solvent: Citrus cleaner, rubbing alcohol, white spirit, etc. Citrus cleaner is probably the friendliest, with the least nasty fumes. If you don't have any, or would rather not carry around a bottle of nasty nasty around with you, I have a big bottle of industrial methylated spirits from my work that I will bring with to share.

Bearing Oil: Bones Speed Cream is the shizzle, but you can use any bearing oil, and apparently sewing machine oil works a treat if you've got it. I've got a bottle I can share, but it can also be had at Route One on Cockburn St if you want your own.

Small flat-bottomed dish/jar/tupperware. Something to clean your bearings in.

Hairdryer: I'll be bringing one along, but if we could get a couple more, that would be grand.

Various other stuff that I will supply: I'll bring along some old newspapers and kitchen roll. I also find rubber gloves handy for cleaning bearings, as you don't really want solvent on your hands, so I'll bring along a supply of these too. Chopsticks are handy for swooshing your bearings around in the solvent, and for fishing them out - not sure if I have any at home, but a fork will do as well.

And remember your skates and your skate tools!!

Hope to see you all there!

Sunny x

Shootin Annie

Re: Skate Maintenance Session

Post by Shootin Annie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:29 am

Can you please let us know here if you are planning on attending this?? I need an idea of numbers so I know how much materials to bring!

Thanks!

Lilo and Stitches

Post by Lilo and Stitches » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 am

I would like to come to this because it is because i still do not know how to clean my breaings, but it is during practice ;_;
Coach/Design

[she/her]

Shootin Annie

Post by Shootin Annie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 am

This session is mostly aimed at the new skaters who are still attending the Fresh Meat sessions, so we needed a convenient time for them.

Other skaters are, of course, invited to attend, but missing training will be up to you.

I will be happy to do a personal bearing cleaning session just for you at some point, Stitches.

:wcwink:

Switchblade Jade

Post by Switchblade Jade » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Is it possible for this to get moved to the new skater chat bit? I think this section is more for 'long term info'. I could be totally wrong though, so ignore me if so :D

xx
Rock n' Rollerskates

Shootin Annie

Post by Shootin Annie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Done!

Miss Chief

Post by Miss Chief » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm in the same boat as Stitches. I probably have the muckiest wheels of all time. :gmhurt:

Can I gatecrash the Stitches/Slam love-in? xx
Wreck & roll!

Pummela

Post by Pummela » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:42 pm

I'll be there :wcsmile:
FunCom
Cherry Bomber

Just keep pumming...

Knock-Turnal

Post by Knock-Turnal » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Id like to gate crash too, and Sharkee said on Sunday she would like to do this also. At the mo I just clean my bearings by wiping all the crap off the shields with a dry cloth but I'd like to give them a proper rinse
It's the pain i'm into - the metal and ink are just mementos

Deep Fried Pixxie

Post by Deep Fried Pixxie » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:22 pm

Apparently people were under the impression this was yesterday....Donald said he ended up showing a couple of people how to do it (cause he's all wheel geeky from his teenage skating days). Confusement.
Makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com.