If you've got something nice to say...

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Wallace And Vomit

Re: If you've got something nice to say...

Post by Wallace And Vomit » Mon May 27, 2013 8:59 pm

Hi! I attended the Fresh Meat session last Sunday (27th March) and had a great time becoming a sore, sweaty mess! About the unofficial practice on Tuesdays, would this be a good time to practice basic skating technique? Or is this more for experienced skaters to practice as a group?

Shivy Ki Yay

Post by Shivy Ki Yay » Mon May 27, 2013 10:26 pm

perfect time for basic technique, come tomorrow! :)
~Shiv
All Stars Line Up

Wallace And Vomit

Post by Wallace And Vomit » Tue May 28, 2013 6:55 am

Sweeeeet. I'll be there!

Wallace And Vomit

Post by Wallace And Vomit » Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Gah! SORRY. I tried to be there tonight, but I got ridiculously lost. I know it's not far from the Jack Kane centre, but I was coming from work (in Dalkeith) and ended up. . . I'm not sure where I ended up, actually. Ultimately I just had to head home because I would have got there too late. I'll still pay whatever the cost would have been! Hope everyone had fun.

Lethal Drizzle

Post by Lethal Drizzle » Wed May 29, 2013 9:23 am

Hey Kate, not to worry about payment this time. There is a little map on the doddle poll (for next time!) which may help you find your way. It is probably easier to think of the school as behind Arthur's Seat (also, actually a stones throw away from the Sheep's Heid, if you, like me, navigate this city by where the nearest pub is).
:heart: :gbanana:
ARRG at heart, whilst away in another land

Shivy Ki Yay

Post by Shivy Ki Yay » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:17 pm

I had lots of fun skating in the Grad Bout today and all of the new skaters were really good! :mrgreen:
~Shiv
All Stars Line Up

Wallace And Vomit

Post by Wallace And Vomit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks to Crazy legs and the wonderful women who helped coach today's Fresh Meat. Last week I barely had any movement when I tried skullcrushing, fell when I tried knee taps, and generally had a hard time with absolutely everything. Apparently, over the past week my thighs had an awakening, as I was able to skullcrush today. It was also helpful to hear Crazy Legs remind us that it's only the third week, as I was feeling a bit discouraged last week over my repeated fall-on-my-face moves. So, thanks!

Midget Gems

Post by Midget Gems » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Well Done to all Grad Bout Skaters!!

You were all so good!

XXXXXXX
NSO
NEW SKATERS
Knee enthusiast

Kickolai

Post by Kickolai » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:41 pm

weeelll, sunday was freakin' awesome :D

just wanted to say thanks to everyone, you guys were so encouraging and supportive all the way through: from attempting to calm fears on the bus ride to JK, hurriedly (yet also, amazingly, very patiently) explaining the meaning of various words whilst on track mid-jam (THAT's a skill and a half!) encouraging words/shouts/thumbs-ups/advice/hugs, the daftest (and simultaneously the most useful) pep-talks, talking/signalling the way through tactics, the over-excitement in the after-practice pub and everything else that you guys did - I still have almost no idea what happened for those two hours aside from blurs of wheels, but it was amazing! You guys are all just awesome :gbanana:
Cheese.

NSO Sub-Committee ; New Skater Committee

Wallace And Vomit

Post by Wallace And Vomit » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Thanks to the folks who facilitated/assessed at Minimums that past two weeks. Y'all were way encouraging, even when I fell on my ass. Repeatedly.