Lost & confused.... What committees are there?

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
MairiTheMinx

Lost & confused.... What committees are there?

Post by MairiTheMinx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm new to this forum lark & don't know if I'm missing something...? Most of the posts I can see are old, like years old, is that right?
And I'm trying to find a list of committees to see what there are so I can join one, have been assured it's here but I cannot find it and when I use the link I've been given I end up on the forum log in page even when I'm logged in.
If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great, thanks :)

Legs11

Re: Lost & confused.... What committees are there?

Post by Legs11 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Hey Mairi - it might be that your forum access hasn't been updated yet since you became a full member - sometimes it takes a few days, and our main communications woman is in Oslo playing a tournament this weekend!

Try emailing - communications@arrg.co.uk

and ask them whether you have access to the full forum yet & ARRG emails.

xx
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

MairiTheMinx

Post by MairiTheMinx » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:20 pm

It's weird cos I think it's been a week, I'm on it tho, will email now & see what happens next week
Thanks!

Princess Die

Post by Princess Die » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:19 am

Hi Mairi,

I've added you now as a full member. Sorry, sometimes it takes a bit of time to get everyone added to things as there's a bit of a process.

That's you on he forum, you'll see your name has gone pink now which indicates you are a full member. You'll also have access to lots more forum sections which is where most of the more up to date stuff is. Have fun going through everything - it takes a while!

I don't know your email address so if you can send it to me at the address Crazylegs posted above, I'll get you added to the email lists too. I'm in Oslo just now so it might be a few days.

In the meantime, if you'd like to join a committee, have a look at the list and just get in touch with the one that interests you the most and he spokesey will get back to you with what role you could do!

List is here: http://arrg.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5013
Spokesy for Communications Committee // Bootcamps // Coach // First Aid // Captain of the ASTROS

Temple of Doom

Post by Temple of Doom » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:44 am

Also Mairi, it took me ages to realise when you look at the forum that there's a 'view new posts' button at the top which gives you all the new posts that you have access to, since you last logged in. Means you don't have to trawl through stuff that's ages old to find new stuff... but maybe you figured this out quicker than I did! The forum is actually v active, it's just that there's loads of old stuff on here too.
Game Booker, All Stars

[ She / Her ]

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:36 pm

Hi

Could I also be added as a full member?

Evelyn Tent

Post by Evelyn Tent » Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:06 pm

Hi Evergreen - full membership is open to skaters who've past Fresh Meat, or people who want to become NSOs.

To register for fresh meat - please contact newskaters@arrg.co.uk

To find out about becoming an NSO please email us at secretarial@arrg.co.uk
Secretarial
Trainee Zebra

Evergreen

Post by Evergreen » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:40 pm

Oooooh that makes sense!
I'm currently in fresh meat, and am currently NSOing at Friday scrim practices. So lets see how things go.

Thanks***