Minimums

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Robinson Booze-o

Minimums

Post by Robinson Booze-o » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:59 pm

Just wondering, will we hear back about our minimums before Sunday? Just so that I know what to practice?

(I don't know how to sign off. Bye)
Professional Floor Hugger

Legs11

Re: Minimums

Post by Legs11 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Hey So what happens is you sit the whole shebang twice through for two consecutive Sundays. If you passed everything last week we will have let you know by now - so you can have a week off if you prefer.

We find it's too much admin for us to manage and update everyone in between the weeks (we also coach lots through the week!), so we don't tell everyone what individual skills they haven't passed yet in between weeks sorry! Another reason why we don't do this is because if skaters know what they HAVE to pass they tend to get extra nervous about that skill, or start sitting out/not concentrating on other skills which distracts the rest of the group.

We've tried it all ways and this one works best for keeping everyone focussed, and allowing coaches to process everything.

Just focus on the whole session and you'll be grand. Chat to coaches before hand if there is anything major you're worried about.

I think it's always good to end with a banana.
:gbanana:

or actually the duck is quite cute

:dd:
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Robinson Booze-o

Post by Robinson Booze-o » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 pm

That all sounds highly logical. :refbanana:
Professional Floor Hugger

LL Cool Gay