off skates exercise!

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
LL Cool Gay

off skates exercise!

Post by LL Cool Gay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:13 am

Hey meat pals,

So y'all are coming up to week 4 of fresh meat now, exciting! You're probably starting to realise the benefits of doing exercise off skates so I thought I'd start a forum thread for members of the league to suggest exercises they do off skates to improve their performance on skates.

I'll start us off!

I do a mixture of HIIT and normal cardio (you need both, yo) and weight training. I love weights. They are basically the best thing in the world. What I would suggest for derby is SQUATS. If you think you've done enough squats, do ten more. Then again. Also, work your core. I didn't bother and I had real problems getting crossovers. Now I've been working my core every day I feel like my left leg is able to give me the push I need in crossovers because my core is holding me where I need to be. Do it!

ARRG, get suggesting.
spokesey of New Skaters Committee

Dee Dee

Re: off skates exercise!

Post by Dee Dee » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:43 am

Come to TEBA. ARRG get a discount so each class is only 4 quid. :)
Communications [All the facebook], All Stars LUM, Coach, Sponsorship member, Lots of random other things

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am

buy a bike!! cycle to work!
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Lethal Drizzle

Post by Lethal Drizzle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:00 am

Come to Kickboxing classes!!! They are at St Thomas Aquins high school
(2-20 Chalmers St, EH3 9ES)

It is a very friendly atmosphere in class (all levels of ability are welcome) and the first class is FREE!

ALSO Auld Reekie Roller Girls get charged the student rate. After first free class, only £35 (10 week deadline) / £25 (5 week deadline) for 10 sessions making £3.50 / £2.50 a class.

Classes are:
Mon 8pm – 9.30pm
Tues 6pm – 7pm & 8pm – 9.30pm
Thurs 6pm – 7pm
Sat – 11am – 12pm & 12pm – 1pm

We also provide high intensity, combat-inspired fitness classes. To find out more visit:
http://www.combatsolutions.co.uk and
http://www.facebook.com/combatsolutions
ARRG at heart, whilst away in another land

Princess Die

Post by Princess Die » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Seriously come to TEBA. TEBA is the best
Spokesy for Communications Committee // Bootcamps // Coach // First Aid // Captain of the ASTROS