Rule of the Week - Duties of a Captain

Rules of Derby (according to WFTDA) ask our all-knowing officials whatever you like.
Katy

Re: Rule of the Week - Duties of a Captain

Post by Katy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:15 am

Pukeahontas wrote:Katy, just out of interest, what did you have explained re being barefoot? I only ask because once a head ref made a friendly comment about me wearing flip flops and my response was to point to the other teams bench coach who was wearing 6inch heels and explain that I could definitely jump out of the way of wheels more quickly than her...(and of course that I accepted any accidental injury as my own fault)
Basically, it's at the discretion of the head ref whether or not they feel it is a safety issue. Some would feel it is, others wouldn't mind and would put any injuries on the shoulders of the barefoot person.

I don't think I would ever go totally barefoot, I did wear flip flops at scrims once and I spent half my time jumping out of the way of wheels!!
Finance spokesy + board member
Bout Management Committee - member
Bench manager for the All Star Reserves and Leithals

Did you know I always wanted to be a dancer in Vegas? ~ From the movie that gave me my derby name

Temple of Doom

Post by Temple of Doom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Just wanted to say a MASSIVE THANKS for posting this Mags. As a first time captain I am filing loads of mental notes on all this stuff!!
Game Booker, All Stars

[ She / Her ]

Mags Payne

Post by Mags Payne » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:03 pm

Please let me know if anything is unclear/you need more examples :)

And we can practice Official Reviews at practice in the run up to home season maybe? Might be worth getting us all comfortable with doing them :D
Head Referee, WFTDA Officials rep, WFTDA Rules Committee Member, MRDA Recognised Official.

Good? Bad? I'm the girl with the whistle.

Katy

Post by Katy » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:14 pm

But not delay of game because I'm a ninja and all over those!! :p
Finance spokesy + board member
Bout Management Committee - member
Bench manager for the All Star Reserves and Leithals

Did you know I always wanted to be a dancer in Vegas? ~ From the movie that gave me my derby name