Following years of successful ‘SOAK’ bootcamps, the crack team of coaches from Auld Reekie Roller Derby are taking their skills on the road!
Some of what we love to coach on skates:
We love to work with you to identify your strengths and set up systems for you to see real improvements over time.
- Skate skills and derby specific moves
- Creative training: holistic approaches to derby – we don’t just train your feet!
- Positional Training (jammer, pivot, offence, blocker)
- Stitching together tactical approaches
- Helping you to identify tactics and gameplay that suits YOU
- Coaxing the best out of each player
Some of what we love to coach off skates:
We have qualified and experienced coaches to chat through any challenges your team or league is facing around game play, team structures and coaching.
- Training set ups for leagues
- Session planning & reviewing
- Goal Setting – teams /leagues
- Team Cohesion
- Nutrition for training, games, tournaments
- Footage Review
- Game Day! Bench Crew, pre / during / post game structures
We train you to be YOU! We listen, learn about your league and team and we provide options and tools for you to use. We deconstruct, suggest ideas, ask questions and build individual plans for each coaching gig.
Costs: We coach to help grow the level of the sport and to help fund our skaters and volunteers to attend games and tournaments. All coaching income goes directly to our teams, officials and volunteers.
1. We ask that you cover our travel costs and put us up if overnight if required
2. Suggested coaching fee structures:
- 2 hours of coaching + 1 hour workshop with your coaching committee – £100
- 1 hour of coaching + 1 hour off skates seminar – £80
- 1 game footage review report & 3 hours of coaching £120
Just get in touch and let us know what you need, and we’ll put a price package together that suits you. Email: email@example.com.
We’ve been busy over the last 10 years, coaching out and about as well as running our own home boot camps and here are some of the nice things that people have said about our coaching…
“I finally made the Soak bootcamp, and it was soooo much fun! It made me remember why I fell in love with this sport”
“Excellent drills, both on track and off skates. Got plenty of new ideas how work techniques, re-setting and recycling. Enjoyed every minute of the lectures on benching, stats, bout analysing and team construction.”
“The best lesson to learn was to never give up and even when you think your body is screaming for a break you can always go a little bit longer. Needless to say the Auld Reekie coaches were extremely nice and super encouraging.”