Have a Rules Question? Ask and make a Bunnie happy!

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Wrong Arm of the Law

Have a Rules Question? Ask and make a Bunnie happy!

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Are you in Fresh Meat? Have you just been through Fresh Meat and started scrimmage? Are you a seasoned skater who's a bit puzzled? if you're confused about any part of the rules or have any questions we want you to ask us!

There is a fantastical Reffin Rules section on the forum for everyone to use to ask your stripey ARRG Refs about anything and everything to do with rules and regulations. We are here to help! :refbanana:

http://arrg.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7

The rules are there to keep everyone safe and to keep the game fair. There are many fine details to them though so please ask! No question is too simple or too big!

Go on, post something up and make a Bunnie happy! :refbanana:
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie

Robinson Booze-o

Re: Have a Rules Question? Ask and make a Bunnie happy!

Post by Robinson Booze-o » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 pm

If you get sin binned, how many points does the opposing jammer (if they're lead) get when they pass your team-mates?
Professional Floor Hugger

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:01 am

Hi Booze-o!

Thank you for asking a question! Yaaaaayyy! :refbanana:

To keep it super simple;

As soon as a jammer passes the hips of an opposition skater on a scoring pass, they get the points for anyone in the opposite team who's in the bin.

If, for example, two opposing players are in the bin, the jammer will earn a point for the first oposition skater they pass on track plus 2 for the two opposing skaters in the bin.

This happens every lap that the jammer makes on the pack until people have been released from the bin and legally return to the track.

This also includes points on players who have been sent to the bin but are still physically on track, on their way to the bin or on their way from the bin!

Booze-o; collect your free hug from me at practice! :D

Robinson Booze-o

Post by Robinson Booze-o » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:31 am

That all seems highly logical!

I had no idea there were prizes available! Do I get a hug voucher or do you prefer the element of surprise?
Professional Floor Hugger

Evelyn Tent

Post by Evelyn Tent » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:03 am

We were looking at 'farging' last night. So one concern with trying to run back through another wall is not clockwise blocking - but if the wall you are trying to charge back through is using linked arms to block and the charging player hits there is that still a clockwise block because she's going backwards? Do the two players using linked arms to block get multiplayer penalties?
Secretarial
Trainee Zebra

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:18 am

Hi Evelyn,

That is a GOOD question!

It is perfectly legal to go clockwise (I.e. "backwards") on track provided you don't block an opposition skater or assist one of your own. It is also perfectly legal for an opposition player going counter-clockwise (I.e. derby direction) to block you or anyone else (legally) saying clockwise.

In the scenario you've described, it sounds like the skater going clockwise (you!) is performing a legal action.....though I have no idea what farging is and don't need to know, hehe.

A multiplayer block, however, is illegal no matter which direction the opposing skater is going. Obviously all the criteria for the multiplayer penalty have to be met for a penalty to be issued but if they are, it's still illegal.

Does that answer your question Evelyn?

Collect your free hug at practice!*

*terms and conditions apply. Hugs are redeemable in person. No vouchers are valid however the hug shall be available until the end of time or Bunnie becomes the Grand High Ruler of Earth, whichever comes first. Please do not use 'surprise attack' hugs as this may startle the Bunnie.

Shivy Ki Yay

Post by Shivy Ki Yay » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:10 pm

So if a skater going clockwise engages a pair of skaters with linked arms (in such a way that it constitutes a multiplayer block), clockwise blocking and multiplayer would be called?
~Shiv
All Stars Line Up

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Hey Shiv, thanks for the question!

This is a tricky one as it really depends on what happens first. From the way the wuestion is worded it sounds like the blocker going clockwise decided to initiate first so they *could* have been more likely to receive the penalty. This also depends on the impact.

In short- it just depends on the sequence of events and the impact of any actions. Does that make sense? (I'm kinda tired right now haha)

Shiv COLLECT YOUR HUG FORM ME! :refbanana: