Grad Bout Arrrangements

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Block Rockin Feet

Grad Bout Arrrangements

Post by Block Rockin Feet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:40 am

Hi

Could someone kindly please let us new meatballs what the arrangements (time, location etc) are for Sunday?

Thanks

Beats xx
Finance: Co-Spokesy, Budgets, Forecasts and Annual Accounts

Wrong Arm of the Law

Re: Grad Bout Arrrangements

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 am

Please rest assured that people have been working very hard in the background to re-arrange things from the cancellation.

Hopefully you'll all be told very soon xxx
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie

Block Rockin Feet

Post by Block Rockin Feet » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 am

Cool, thanks. Was just worried that us inbetweenies had been forgotten about as both FM and Rec have had an email.
Finance: Co-Spokesy, Budgets, Forecasts and Annual Accounts

Evelyn Tent

Post by Evelyn Tent » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:57 am

Thanks. Obviously super keen to know what's happening. But also finding out the people NSOing have been told tends to make one think they've been forgotten.

I will attempt to wait patiently (not true but I will attempt to wait silently).
Secretarial
Trainee Zebra

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:46 am

Hey Mons,

An unfortunate consequence but in order for us to actually HAVE the bout in the first place, we needed to check that we had refs and NSOs available.

I'm sorry you felt forgotten. Several committees are co-ordinating on this. ARRG's kind of like a duck- seems calm on the surface but lots of furious paddling beneath the surface....and sleep deprivation haha!

Crazylegs

Post by Crazylegs » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:12 am

In almost 5 years of ARRG we've never forgotton to let people know when a practice has changed!!

Sorry it's taken a while but like Bunny says we got told with no notice that Jack Kane was shut on Sunday and we have a 5 hour slot to re-arrange 6 hours of training into!!

We're actually cancelling a Home Team practice (before a bout I might add mmmhhhmm!) to make sure you guys get you grad bout so hold tight and we'll get info out a-sap. And Bunny is right - we need to make sure the people who run it are available at the time we are trying to arrange it for.

Sorry dudes, if we had our own warehouse we'd never get messed about for a dog show haha
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Circuit Breaker

Post by Circuit Breaker » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

Cheers Bunnie xx

Feel assured that we've been working on this since initially receiving notice from the JKC. Here is the email I sent out to the league (not even 1 minute ago)

Hey guys!

As you are all aware the Jack Kane Center is no longer available on
this day because of a dog show taking place in the halls. After some
excellent work from Sid we've secured the Crags from 10-4pm on Sunday
and will be able run our sessions as normal.

10-12pm - Rec & Grad bout
12-2pm - Competitive
2 - 4pm - FM

As this is outwith our normal training sessions it's our protocol that
attendance at this session will be wiped as it's unfair for people who
have to rearrange their lives around our normal times.

In addition we have a need for a few more competitive skaters at the
grad bout so if you can stomach and early morning practice please
email me - first 6 people get a first bash at the new balls!

Cheers,
Circuit xx

Evelyn Tent

Post by Evelyn Tent » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:30 pm

That's the nature of behind the scenes - its designed to hide all the hard work that goes on.

I do appreciate the effort everyone puts in and realise I probably have only a vague inkling of how much work it is. Please recognise my impatience for the enthusiasm it is.
Secretarial
Trainee Zebra

LL Cool Gay

Post by LL Cool Gay » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:56 pm

Everyone was emailed (in fresh meat and new meat balls) as soon as as everything was finalised. No one was forgot about. I emailed the "inbetweenies" at the same time as rec.
spokesey of New Skaters Committee

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 pm

venus_mons_meg wrote:That's the nature of behind the scenes - its designed to hide all the hard work that goes on.

I do appreciate the effort everyone puts in and realise I probably have only a vague inkling of how much work it is. Please recognise my impatience for the enthusiasm it is.
No worries Mons, we've all been there! I'm super impressed at how enthusiastic you all are...and how much you can drink, haha.

The Non-Skating Officials (NSOs) sub-committee (under the Officials Committee) is actually recruiting people to be officially official NSOs at the moment! You can still be a skater, though you would be able to get involved in the running of ARRG and part of an awesome crew!

If you, or anyone else, are interested please email nso@arrg.co.uk :refbanana: