Non-ARRG Halloween practice at JK

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
Hexadeathimal

Non-ARRG Halloween practice at JK

Post by Hexadeathimal » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:33 am

Hi folks!

So, due to the Wrecking Balls being between competitive tryouts and the next batch of Meatballs, there is no Wednesday practice at Jack Kane for the next two weeks.

However, a group of us have got together and are hiring out Jack Kane for a CYC-style Open Skate:

The details-
Date booked: Wednesday 31st October (halloween, wooooo!)
Timing: 7.30 - 9.30
Total cost: £85.50

This will be paid for by us, the skaters, NOT ARRG. The more people we can get along to this, the less we'll have to pay.

This will be an ENTIRELY non ARRG affiliated practice - there will be no coaches and no structure, but fear not, we will have two first aiders (myself and Irn Mayhem) on hand in case of any minor prangs.

We are throwing this practice open to anyone who wants to come along - mins passed, non-mins passed, Non Skating Members (like me) whatever. It won't be any kind of formal training session, just a chance to "piss about on skates" - work on things you need to work on, or just skate around for fun.

It being Halloween and all, there may even be a set of speakers and a spooky music playlist. ;-)

If you'd like to take part, please fill in the form below so that we can keep you updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... M1hLVUE6MQ

Ctrl-Alt-Destroy

Re: Non-ARRG Halloween practice at JK

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Destroy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Hey Hex, is this going to be fancy dress with it being Halloween? :wcsmile:
NSO Sub-Committee Secretary

Evelyn Tent

Post by Evelyn Tent » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks for organising this. Loads of fun and despite all evidence to the contrary I think I made great strides towards the wonderful art of stopping.
Secretarial
Trainee Zebra

Ctrl-Alt-Destroy

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Destroy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am

It was great to see a mix of newbies, rec, injuries and everyone else.
Everyone practicing around the edge was doing really well and I received some great advice on transitioning.

Thanks Hex for organising a great event (and I loved the playlist). I would be awesome if we could do it again :gbanana: :gbanana:
NSO Sub-Committee Secretary