Start as I mean to go on

Feel free to talk everything new member related here - newbies, this is your space!
I P Freely

Re: Start as I mean to go on

Post by I P Freely » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:19 pm

Chasing Katy wrote:Has sweating lots not got something to do with water intake? Like the more you drink the more you sweat?
I don't think that drinking more water would cause you to sweat more, but if your diet has been particularly poor your body might use your sweat to help expel toxins, which may lead to more sweat.

Also, primarily your body sweats to regulate temperature, so if your gym or practice space is a little warmer than your house or workplace then you will sweat more there.

Don't think that really answers any question though.
LEITHAL

Depeche Maude

Post by Depeche Maude » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:40 pm

Mo B Quick wrote:
The fitter you are the quicker & more you sweat with exercise apparently
YESSSSSSS. Best news I've heard all week :lol: even when I am at my fittest I am the sweatiest person ever. Fact. Nobody that isn't new needs to know this because it's been all I talk about at practice for the past 3.5 years.

you can't be as sweaty as me and that is a fact. I am a grotesque, sweaty, salt-beast. even though I eat salty stuff all the time.
Don't dream it - be it.

ZILLAH

Post by ZILLAH » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:05 pm

depeche why are you not yellow????
YOU HAVE MY HEART

Maulibu Barbie

Post by Maulibu Barbie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:27 am

Crazylegs wrote:DD - it's the hair!! I swear if I shaved my head I would sweat 50% less.
I might actually try it out.
Crazy, I thought this might be the case as well, but since cutting my hair I have actually started *dripping* sweat, which was previously kind of soaked up by my hair. And it's made no difference to how hot I get because there's always the helmet insulation anyway.

Hmmmmmmmm drippy sweat.
Design Committee Events bod

Tartan_Tearaway

Post by Tartan_Tearaway » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:32 pm

This is why I wear a bandana under my helmet, so I can soak up the sweat before it drips off the tip of my hair :badbanana:
Bout Management (stall coordinator) and First Aid Committee

I'm build for comfort, I aint built for speed

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Maulibu Barbie wrote:
Crazylegs wrote:DD - it's the hair!! I swear if I shaved my head I would sweat 50% less.
I might actually try it out.
Crazy, I thought this might be the case as well, but since cutting my hair I have actually started *dripping* sweat, which was previously kind of soaked up by my hair. And it's made no difference to how hot I get because there's always the helmet insulation anyway.

Hmmmmmmmm drippy sweat.

I can attest to this too. When my hair's a bit longer, the sweat sometimes goes in my ears (it is as horrible as it sounds) but with short hair it seams to just drip out of my helmet more. I love the 'lean over' effect where after picking something up, you leave a little puddle of sweat from your helmet.

Derby is so gross but I love it, haha x
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:26 pm

haha oh God this is horrible but fascinating!

My best achievement was when I bouted against GRD with the flu and at the end it looked like I had just got out of a swimming pool - literally rung out my plaits on the floor and I swear I could have filled a pint glass with sweat from them :gbanana:
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Crazylegs wrote:haha oh God this is horrible but fascinating!

My best achievement was when I bouted against GRD with the flu and at the end it looked like I had just got out of a swimming pool - literally rung out my plaits on the floor and I swear I could have filled a pint glass with sweat from them :gbanana:

Hehe, we are soooo sexy!
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie