Jam called due to injury:

Rules of Derby (according to WFTDA) ask our all-knowing officials whatever you like.
Buffy_Boiler

Jam called due to injury:

Post by Buffy_Boiler » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:49 pm

Hi all, just a wee follow on from today's Inter session, we were talking about a jam being called due to injury and the fact that the skater concerned would, as a precautionary measure, sit out for 3 jams.

I mentioned that if this happened twice for the same skater they would sit out the rest of the game, I was a tiny bit overzealous with this! It's actually the remainder of the period. Rule is below.
10.3.1 - If a skater sustains an injury serious enough that the referees call off the jam, the skater must sit out the next three jams.

10.3.1.1 - If more than one jam is called off for the same skater, the skater must sit out of the remainder of the period.
The way I read this, if it happened in the first period then any further instances in the second would lead to 10.3.1.1 being triggered immediately (as it does not specify more than one jam in the same period). This seems entirely reasonable to me, given that the rule is intended to ensure the safety of the skater concerned.