Man Skates!

Introduce yourself.
Major Racket

Man Skates!

Post by Major Racket » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Hi there bewheeled persons!

My wife (Psych'er-Billie) is a fresh meat skater and I've gone and caught the derby bug from her! I won't be able to start skating fresh meat until a bit later in the year but I am DEFINITELY going to to do it, soooooo............I need a bit of advice on a few things as you can imagine!

I am 6'3" and a size 11 so thinking it may be difficult to try someones skates before I buy, as some of the bigger sizes aren't in stock at 5th Blocker! I heard that suregrips are much better for wide feet so was thinking about GT-50's and if I'm flush maybe Rebels? Not sure what the wheels are like on these skates though, and not sure how hard to go? I'm 16 stone so not sure if poisons or quickie stickies would be tooooo sticky for me............

HELP!

Aaron :gmhappy:

My karma ran over your dogma

Games Management Committee
GMC Playlist Person
PA Op (Home Games)

Balancer of Assorted Noises, formerly known as "Aaron" or "Scream's husband"

kikib

Re: Man Skates!

Post by kikib » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:38 pm

i don't like to push the jakeys on anyone but to be fair, this is the biggest group of big footed, healthy boys with a variety of skates who would be happy, i'm sure, to let them try on boots and ask for advice too. i think they're on fb as the jakey bites. they're usually in one place at the same time on sundays in the perth aerodrome. my jakey has teeny tiny feet so wouldn't be worth a try but he's dreaming of bonts. after that, i know nothing. :wcconfused:
Merch Spokesperson

Skatefast teamie

Major Racket

Post by Major Racket » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:09 pm

i don't like to push the jakeys on anyone but to be fair, this is the biggest group of big footed, healthy boys with a variety of skates who would be happy, i'm sure, to let them try on boots and ask for advice too. i think they're on fb as the jakey bites. they're usually in one place at the same time on sundays in the perth aerodrome.
As it turns out I have contacted the Jakeys and went to my first fresh meat in Perth earlier today! Thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours falling over and getting up again! I have tried some different skates too and I'm going to get GT50's and a little further down the line I'll get new wheels and bearings.........

Thanks for your help!!

Aaron :gmhappy:

My karma ran over your dogma..........

Games Management Committee
GMC Playlist Person
PA Op (Home Games)

Balancer of Assorted Noises, formerly known as "Aaron" or "Scream's husband"

Ctrl-Alt-Destroy

Post by Ctrl-Alt-Destroy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:18 pm

I have GT-50s and the wheels are not the best. Better than disco wheels but I would definitely factor new wheels in when you're comparing prices.
NSO Sub-Committee Secretary

LL Cool Gay

Post by LL Cool Gay » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:00 pm

Im looking to sell my size 9 R3s if any men are looking.
spokesey of New Skaters Committee