New to the forum?

Introduce yourself.
Ginge

Re: New to the forum?

Post by Ginge » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello :)

Thought I'd put a wee post up, I'm Ginge (Hannah) I recently transferred to ARRG from DRG where I've been skating and bouting for the last 2 and a half years. I have skated quite a lot of Merby and Co-Ed also with involvent in the Jakey Bites, Jakey Tayzers and a Coaching post with the Men's Team Scotland Team for 2014 World Cup. I've recently moved to Edinburgh for reasons of the heart :) his names Craig and he plays roller derby too!! Yay!!

Anyway I'm looking forward to getting stuck into training at ARRG, making attendance, working hard and taking something new away from every session.

Everyone has been awesome and helpful and I'm looking forward to continuing to be a part of it all :)

Ginge xxx
GINGE

Co - Spokesy for Bout Management and Bout Planning Sub Committee

Lilo and Stitches

Post by Lilo and Stitches » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:55 pm

Yay!!! Welcome ginge!
:gbanana: :gbanana: :gbanana:
Coach/Design

[she/her]

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 am

Yay Ginge!!!

:gbanana: :refbanana: :gbanana: :refbanana: :gbanana:
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie

VioletDeath

Post by VioletDeath » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi there everyone in ARRG-land! :D

I'm Violet and I'm a transfer from Sheffield Steel Rollergirls. I've been skating since 2010 and am super excited to be joining ARRG!

I'm originally from Canada, but came to the UK in 2010 to join my collaborator in Sheffield and work in his lab for my PhD (I'm an evolutionary biologist). I then met a boy (now husband) so decided to stay in the UK. After my PhD I got a 'real' job in Edinburgh, so Ta Da! Here I am.

I did a lot of committee work while I was with SSRG, so I'm ready to take that up with ARRG and do my part as well- on and off the track. Looking forward to getting to know my new team!

Vi
x
Violet Death 08
Training and progression / Coach / Visiting & guest skater liaison

Wrong Arm of the Law

Post by Wrong Arm of the Law » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Yay! Welcome Violet! Xxx

:refbanana: :gbanana: :refbanana: :gbanana:
Officials Committee Co-Spokesperson, Practice Head Referee, AKA Bunnie

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:35 pm

Welcome both - hope you find your way around this beat of a forum OK!!
All of the committee's need help, so just shout out to whichever one you fancy joining :gbanana:
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Katy

Post by Katy » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey everyone, I'm ba-ack!!

Some of you will know me from previous days with the Fair City Rollers, and others from a couple of failed attempts at ARRG fresh meat last year.

I had to give up due to changes in job etc and kind of fell out of the derby thing. But I felt something was missing and decided that I wanted to come back and hopefully get involved with bench/line-up. So, the lovely ladies of ARRG are letting me come back as a non-skating member to NSO and possibly get some line-up/bench experience.

I will be dotting about here and there getting involved, so I'm sure you will see me about.

Kx
Finance spokesy + board member
Bout Management Committee - member
Bench manager for the All Star Reserves and Leithals

Did you know I always wanted to be a dancer in Vegas? ~ From the movie that gave me my derby name

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:15 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!!!!!!! :gmhappy: :gmhappy: :gmhappy: :ARRG:

TaP- Co-Spokesy
Coach
First Aider

Cherry Bomber

Rosie Peacock

Post by Rosie Peacock » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello everyone!
I wasn't sure whether people introduce themselves here anymore but I'm so excited about joining ARRG I thought I'd say hello!
I'm Rosie (formally Bunnie Suicide) I'm so looking forward to transferring to ARRG this sept/oct.
I've been playing roller derby for almost 5 years now with Nottingham hellfire harlots and will be sad to leave them but it's time to move back home to Edinburgh.
I've guest skated with ARRG a few times and everyone had always been so welcoming. I love to play competitively and I love to coach. I also love coed and men's roller derby (my little brother plays for capital city). I also play with team metal legs and like to do what I can to help recovery for injured skaters- I've been to so many different accident and emergency centres I should start a review blog! (FYI Nottingham QMC has a 24 hour Costa)
I block and jam at the moment but will do what ever job I'm best suited to here at ARRG.
I love so many ARRG skaters but the lady who started my roller derby love story is the one and only Lu Paul.
My husband referees so I am big into rules and tactics ;) :zebra:

Princess Die

Post by Princess Die » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 pm

Yay welcome ROSIE!!!

:gbanana: :gbanana: :gbanana: :gbanana:
Spokesy for Communications Committee // Bootcamps // Coach // First Aid // Captain of the ASTROS