Team Scotland tryouts 12th March

Upcoming bouts and events ARRG will be attending/hosting
Legs11

Re: Team Scotland tryouts 12th March

Post by Legs11 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I might have some vokda in the cupboard of old alcohol too Jazz... or some creme de menthe...and I believe a dusty half bottle of Absinthe :shock:
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Tartan_Tearaway

Post by Tartan_Tearaway » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Jsut so you all know, I am not sure if I am still gonig to make it tomorrow. I'm skating tonight so I'll see know Crunchy Knee is feeling, but after discussing with our selection reps I decided I dont want to try out tomorrow if my knee aint 100% (or even 80-ish%).
Ill keep you posted, or if you see me burst in to tears of rage at any point tonight then you'll know why!
I might still have to join in with the tinnies though. I cant resist drinking on public transport :msnparty:
Bout Management (stall coordinator) and First Aid Committee

I'm build for comfort, I aint built for speed

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Crunchy Knee sucks.
we can work out tonight who is coming on the train then - if not many, I'll just probs drive over.
xx
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Blazin Phoenix

Post by Blazin Phoenix » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:40 pm

I just wanted to see what everyone thought about today. How they felt they did etc? I thought it was quite hard but really good. The hardest part i think was skating with people you dont normally and found quite alot of walls hard to get through. Just thought it'd be nice for us to de-brief and also maybe get feedback from everyone for things to work on maybe? If no one wants to talk about it, thats cool also. Just thought it'd be nice.
Blaze Xx

Alma Geddon

Post by Alma Geddon » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:27 am

I just wanted to say how awesome you ladies all looked yesterday! :ARRG: :pow: :heart:

Train like machines~play like machines!

Blazin Phoenix

Post by Blazin Phoenix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks Alma! That's really nice!
Blaze Xx

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:03 am

Blaze here's my main thought:

ARRG looked good!!

haha OK - now here's my ramblings for anyone who is remotely interested:

The day went really well - really well organised guys!! Super enjoyable, and nicely focussed on the scrimmage and not too much faffing about. I love the Arc as a venue anyway - love that floor.

Personally I felt good about it, came away feeling postive, I think I played hard and did my best but also because I love spending time with the other scottish leagues, and catching up.

I was suprised there weren't more Bruisers trying out though - maybe some couldn't make it?

It would have been nice to actually know who was there to try out and who was there to make the numbers up because sometimes people got benched who were trying out and people got played lots who weren't...like on our team Tarcenic told us not to play her if we didn't need her because she wasn't trying out, so that was cool, but I only found out afterwards that Bandit wasn't trying out, and we actually thought she was, so were putting her on loads and another poor GRG girl got a bit upset that she got benched a few times and she had been trying out - in fact I think it was the one who Viper asked to do some reffing which cut her skatey time down even more.

anyway digressing...

There were some clear differences in use of tactics between GRG & ARRG which made it difficult sometimes, but I guess that will be taken into account anyway. I think I just skated more as a lone wolf because of that. It's not bad to be a lone wolf occasionally...surely?!

For TS it might be wise to agree & stick to some basic tactics so each league isn't giving away any secrets but has a clear strategy.

The reffing obv made it difficult for jammers and there was a lot of confusion at the sin bin haha!! Must have been frusrating, and hopefully there will be more refs next time if there isn't a scottish bout on at the same time as the try outs.

And also the use of pivot panties for jammers meant that I started the first couple of jams by letting the jammers past because I forgot the pivots were jammers...quite annoying!

But actually none of that really mattered because it was just the first one, and I'm looking forward to the next one!

xxx
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Danger

Post by Danger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 am

I didn't feel as good about how I did but here's to the next one!

I thought the day went well though, pretty organised but maybe could've done with more ref's? I agree with yer point about knowing who is trying out too, not only so people who are going for it get played more but also to calm skaters down!

I don't know about all the rest of you but I was damn nervous and think this effected my ability to skate as well as normal! Maybe just me though. I really enjoyed meeting up with everyone again and am really looking forward to the next few ones :dangerbanana:

Also, I'd say come to tryouts even if your not trying out as the skate time and experience is always a good thing :gmhappy:

DM x x
Get out of the DANGER ZONE!!!

Alma Geddon

Post by Alma Geddon » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks for the feedback guyz, I thought it went off quite well for it being the first one(& a bit rushed) but we will take your comments on board & seek to improve things as we go along.

Great to have such a good arrg turnout :gbanana:

Train like machines~play like machines!