Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Upcoming bouts and events ARRG will be attending/hosting
Mallory Powers

Re: Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Post by Mallory Powers » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Crazylegs wrote:I'll happily meet you at the start to cheer you off then carry belongings, T-Shirts, water, snacks and vino to the finish line for everyone :D

(in my car :D )
ah Crazylegs that would be like a dream if you could do that! you can be mum for the day!

i have a vision of us crossing the finish line, sweating and wheezing, and the first thing we see is an even bigger arrg crew lounging on a picnic rug, eating strawberries and sipping chilled champers :gbanana:
Equalities Team/Coach/FunCom/Comms/Original Auld Creakie

[she/her]

...you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:40 pm

... having just finished said strawbs and Champers :o
KISS MY ANNUS HORRIBILIS!
...Am a Kaos Kween

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Has anyone not already registered?

I ask because, I'm an idiot and have something double booked for the weekend of the run and will have to give up my place. If anyone wants to buy my place off me you can have it for £15 - a saving of £11. I can't change the details of my registration I'm afraid so you'd have to not care too much about your certificate or whatever you get and the T-shirt will be in a medium.

(sorry Violet) :oops:
...Am a Kaos Kween

Legs11

Post by Legs11 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:58 pm

what date is it on again? I'll bring spare strawberries & maybe a bottle of Asti for the runners :shock:
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Danger

Post by Danger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:49 am

It' on May the 2nd Crazy :) You are actually a legend!!

I am slightly dreading it but also strangely looking forward to it. Hmmmm....should probably be running more than I am but hey, I'll get by I'm sure.....going for a run at lunch.....going to attempt the 5k!!

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepp!
Get out of the DANGER ZONE!!!

moxie_emerald

Post by moxie_emerald » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:59 pm

oh god danger - who are you telling?! i haven't done sweet fook all for this....one measly run and that's it so far :gmbrain: so am getting a little nervous....and whats worse is i actually have no time to go with all my dealines/hen do bashes coming up! it's be a mind over matter run for mox!!!! xxxx
swapped 555 for 23...now i dont do this easily...its because my wife is zillah u see... and that girl means that much to me!!

Danger

Post by Danger » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Mox - who am I telling?!? I don't get it.

Plus, don't worry.....I failed at the 5k....only did 2.5 in 23 mins....kept cramping! Still there is always Thursday and the weekend.....I'm going Munro walking!!

God I HATE running!! :badbanana:

DM
xxx
Get out of the DANGER ZONE!!!

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 pm

okay, so in an amazing feat of absolute *ning nong-ery* i also have managed to get myself double booked :gmheadshot:

my mum is taking me and the sibs to london for the weekend to catch up with some ancient rellys she's not seen forever. and of course, i let them go ahead and book and didn't realise until it was all done and paid for that it's the same weekend as the 10k :shock: . and i can't not go cos, like, it's FAHMLEE innit.

so sorry guys! i'm gutted cos for once i've actually been training for this, and was really looking forward to being part of the ARRG running crew! (but mainly to the strawbs and bubbly).

QV and i were going to attempt to run 10k this weekend anyway - sunday morning in fact. so if anyone want to join us for that you'd be very welcome! and we're going to scope out when the next one is that we can *represent* at.

ALSO if anyone hasn't registered then you're welcome to run as me (you'd have to run really slowly and look like a tomato). i haven't actually got my pack yet but presumably they'll be arriving soon. so if you want it, give me a shout.

so to sum up, i'm an idiot.

:badbanana: (that's at me)
Equalities Team/Coach/FunCom/Comms/Original Auld Creakie

[she/her]

...you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

VeloSidy

Post by VeloSidy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Awwww, will miss you guys! I was gonna follow you and hope you pull me along!!! You are both absolute ning-nongs! :D I have a night out on sat night but if I'm not too hungover will attempt the 10k sunday morning with you! xxxx
Secretarial (practice hall booker), ARRGvo

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Hey Sid. That'd be ACE! We're going to meet at 11 at Holyrood and run round the hill then make up the rest of the distance via the Innocent Railway. Would be great if you came too :heart:
...Am a Kaos Kween