Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Upcoming bouts and events ARRG will be attending/hosting
Queenie Ville

Re: Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Post by Queenie Ville » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 am

I prefer ther meadows or, to get some hilly practice, Arthur's seat.
my next free avo is next sat (27 March) so long as no-one gets too sore for the 28th :gmeyesout:
KISS MY ANNUS HORRIBILIS!
...Am a Kaos Kween

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Bupa folks,

Vi and I will be running round Arthur Seat on Sat 27 from noon. That's 5k. Half of the run. If anyone wants to come that'd be ace. We should prob be stepping up our running practice by now.

Also, if you haven't seen me bleating on about it in another thread, my Sunday Hell training sessions are quite running/endurance orientated so they'll help with things too.
...Am a Kaos Kween

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:31 am

Hey folks

it's all gone a bit quiet in the 10k camp of late :shock:

this is the list of folk i have down for doing this:

Queenie
Violet
Juicy
Blackjack
Bronx
Tarty
Danger
Sid
Moxie
Emasis
Switch
Cider

Can you let us know if you're still on for it, and/or if you've registered? And if you are still on for it - then how's it going?? I know it's been busy of late and little things like er...roller derby can get in the way a bit. But there's still time for us to step it up and form a beautiful green sea of ARRG-ness on the day.

Queenie and I have been meeting up on a Saturday for a run (so far have done arthurs seat and water of leith), and you are more than welcome to join us - or maybe folks have a different time/place you'd like to open up to everyone else?

happy plodding!

:ARRG: :gbanana: :pow:
Equalities Team/Coach/FunCom/Comms/Original Auld Creakie

[she/her]

...you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Blackjack Belle

Post by Blackjack Belle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:25 pm

I just realised that the bupa 10k is on the 2nd of May.
... my Boyfriend is taking me away somewhere that weekend and I have no idea where :( So i won't be able to take part.
I'm crap I know!

I have been doing some running but guess i'll have to just keep runnign till the next one comes about. I'm the worlds worst at double booking myself.

... think i need a PA... then they can say no for me :)

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:32 pm

Maybe he's taking you to the Bupa fun run for a "lovely" surprise ;)
...Am a Kaos Kween

Em-Mental

Post by Em-Mental » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Hello

I am still on for this 10k, I am all registered and been doing a few 5k warm ups...I have only been running around Corstorphine after work and a wee loop at home in Tranent.

Work and weekends have been kinda busy, but I would like to work on getting the mileage up if any of you are going for a longer run and want company, just let me know and I can try and join ya :)

Em
Em-MentaL
I don't give e-dam

moxie_emerald

Post by moxie_emerald » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:43 pm

yeah i'm totally still on for this!!!
i have already registered too. went for my first run tonight actually :oops: but managed 2 and a half miles so am gearing myself up!
daft punk are really good to run to i've found...
also i was wondering... what are we gonna wear? we need to represent arrg right? but i think something more than just team shirts maybe to make us stand out? my initial thought was to do it in full kit (obv not skates) but i banished this decision whilst out tonight - i hate having a sweaty head!!! (yet i still play derby....)
xxx mox xx
swapped 555 for 23...now i dont do this easily...its because my wife is zillah u see... and that girl means that much to me!!

Danger

Post by Danger » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:23 am

Yeah.....we need something amazingly cool! But to be honest I'm just happy to be running. Truth be told I'm not that great and I'm planning on fast walk/slow jogging the start (uphill!!) and I'm not going to be attempting to keep up with ya'll!

So I suggest wearing something very similar for photos at the end! I'm gonna try to lay my hands on a mega cool sweat band! I'm also taking my ipod for a last minute boost!
Get out of the DANGER ZONE!!!

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:36 am

yeah i was thinking about this as well mox. personally i can't wear as much when i run as when i skate as i get ridiculously hot. but team tees and as much green as possible, and i'm liking the idea of matching sweatbands!

and i think that a big group photo before and after is a good idea. we can try to stick together as much as possible, but if anyone wants to drop back or race ahead that's fine, but we'll have a meeting point at the finish? although Danger - i reckon most of us will be plodding along fairly slowly to start.

so that's a definite five of us then - not too bad! And judging by Sid's sexy gear last night she's still in too ;)

[she/her]

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:38 am

er...when i say team tees i just meant green ARRG tees, not actual bout tees - just to clarify! :msnparty:

[she/her]