Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Upcoming bouts and events ARRG will be attending/hosting
Legs11

Re: Bupa 10k Run - Let's Go!

Post by Legs11 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:46 pm

:(
I'm going to have to give this one a miss folks - but I'll be cheering you on!
Having some physio for the recurring ligament thing in my pelvis so any high impact like jogging will be bad at this stage! I'll stick to RDW, not jumping up and down and not falling on my left side for a few weeks!! Hopefully it will be all cured forever then!

I hope you all jget on well with training, and if anyone wants me to ride a bike and bark orders into a megaphone next to you I'll be more than willing...
Coach / WFTDA Director

[she/her]

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm

aw crazylegs, that's a shame! but obviously a very *sensible* decision. and yes come and cheer us on!

so how's everyone else getting on? sorry i've been a bit absent, have had a stupidly busy few months but things settling down a bit now...

okay so personally, am not feeling as fit as i would like, am feeling a bit creaky and my back's playing up. definitely now need to get onto a proper programme with the jogging, but think strength is more of a problem for me than stamina at the mo.

also need to work out some decent routes from my new house. anyone got good recommendations for parks or off road routes around the bellevue area?

i know some of you were talking about a group run sometime soon. shall we set this up? doesn't matter if we're all at different levels, we can just meet up at the meadows, or arthurs seat, and just do what we can. and then a little bit more :gbanana:

any suggestions for where/when?

xxx
Equalities Team/Coach/FunCom/Comms/Original Auld Creakie

[she/her]

...you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 pm

also, current list of who's in:

Queenie
Violet
Juicy
Fight Cub
Blackjack
Bronx
Tarty
Danger
Sid
Moxie
Emasis
Switch
Cider
Darcy

everyone on this still good?

xxx

[she/her]

Danger

Post by Danger » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Oh I am more than still up for this!

ha ha ha....I need to get better....its getting a wee bit easier but I'm not a 'natural runner'. Finding my boobs bounce too much which makes it hard to control my breathing. My friend suggested two sports bras so thats what I'm gonna try :dangerbanana:
Get out of the DANGER ZONE!!!

Bruise Leigh

Post by Bruise Leigh » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Danger - have you seen this website? http://www.lessbounce.com/ I am, sadly, a sports-bra fanatic.

Violet - !? I'm on the list!? Panic ;-) Tbh I was planning on spending a few weeks seeing if running was too horrible to want to do for a whole hour before I signed up!

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 pm

ha ha, sorry Darcy, didn't mean to panic you! actually i was too lazy and go back and read your post - had just remembered you'd expressed an interest... there's no pressure obviously. but quite a few of us have limited if any experience in running, so you wouldn't be alone!

and Danger - well done for keeping going, very impressive :msnparty: you are shaming me into getting my arse into gear :oops:

[she/her]

Fay Bentos 3.14

Post by Fay Bentos 3.14 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:09 pm

mapmyrun.com is that thing I was waffling to someone the other day...

it magically tells you distance and other *facts*

xxxx
Daisy Disease: Drink Beer, Worship Skatin'.

moxie_emerald

Post by moxie_emerald » Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 pm

wonderful disease thank you!! will look it up now...
i am more than still up for this! no training done as of yet but alas the nights are getting lighter and it is getting warmer so it should make it easier.
i don't know any routes...but would be up for all going together?
and vi....why is your name now violet strike?!!!!! (apologies if you've explained this elsewhere on the forum...i'm working my way down!!)
xxx mox xx
swapped 555 for 23...now i dont do this easily...its because my wife is zillah u see... and that girl means that much to me!!

Queenie Ville

Post by Queenie Ville » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:03 pm

Hello 10k peeps,
If you're around on Sunday 21 March and can make it, I'll be taking training at Jack Kane again. My "Hell Deluxe" includes half an hour of running and plenty other things to get you in great condition for the 10k. Come along, bring your trainers and your sports bras.

It's tough, but there's no shouting .. promise
:gbanana:
KISS MY ANNUS HORRIBILIS!
...Am a Kaos Kween

Mallory Powers

Post by Mallory Powers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:21 pm

i thoroughly recommend Queenie's Hell Deluxe! it's hardcore, but worth it... if we do a workout like that regularly we'll all be in awesome shape :msnparty:

also we should arrange a group run for sometime soon - so anyone interested post your preferred place & time here!

:pow:

[she/her]